About the Journal
Focus and Scope
ETTISAL:Journal of Communication focuses on writings that contains research and contemporary thinking in the field of Communication Studies in various angles/perspectives. include:
1. Media and Journalism
2. New Media and Communication Technologies
3. Applied Communications
4. Public Relations
5. Marketing Communication
Peer Review Process
Articles published in the ETTISAL Journal of Communication were reviewed by two reviewers before being published through a blind peer review. The decision on whether or not an article submitted by the Chief Editor in the Board of Editors Board forum is based on or comments from the reviewers.
To Check Plagiarism in this journal using Turnitin with maximum tolerance 20 percent.
Journal Issue Twice a Year, in the June and December Periods (10 article each Issue periods)
1. Time for Review Article maximum 4 weeks
2. Delivery Time Articles Period June ( January 1rst - May 10th)
3. Acceptance article time, June 10th
4. Issuance Period June (June 30th)
5. Delivery Time Articles Period December (July 1rst - November 10th)
6. Acceptance article time, December 10th
7. Issuance Period December (December 30th)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
APCS (Article Processing Charges)
ETTISAl Journal of Communication charge IDR 1.000.000 for Article Processing Charges (APCs)
ETTISAL Journal of Communication (ISSN 2599-3240) is a peer-reviewed journal published by University of Darussalam Gontor. This statement clarifies the ethical behavior of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the author, the Editorial Board, the peer-reviewer and the publisher. This statement is based on COPE’s Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors.
- Authors of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed and the results, followed by an objective discussion of the significance of the work. Authors should ensure that they have written and submit only entirely original works, and if they have used the work and/or words of others, that this has been appropriately cited. Publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the work reported in the article should also be cited. Papers describing essentially the same research should not be published in more than one journal or primary publication. Hence, authors should not submit for consideration a manuscript that has already been published in another journal.
- Only persons who are considered to have significances contributions should be listed as authors in the article. All persons who indirectly made substantial contributions to the work reported in the article must not be listed as an author but should be acknowledged in the "Acknowledgements" section. Authors should ensure that they have properly acknowledged the work of others by citing publications that supported the nature of the work.
- When authors discover significant errors or inaccuracies in their own published work, it is their obligation to promptly notify the journal’s editors or publisher and cooperate with them to either correct the paper in the form of an erratum or to retract the paper. If the editors or publisher learns from a third party that a published work contains a significant error or inaccuracy, then it is the authors’ obligation to promptly correct or retract the paper or provide evidence to the journal editors of the correctness of the paper.
- Authors who publish with this journal agree to retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Lisensi Creative Commons Atribusi-BerbagiSerupa 4.0 Internasional Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Reviewer/ editor are competent in the scope of communication studies. As the evidence of papers and their competence, reviewer/ editor candidates will provide a link or URL address of scientific sites, such as Google Scholar/ResearchGate/Orcid/Scopus, and so forth.
Editors evaluate submitted manuscripts exclusively on the basis of their academic merit (importance, originality, study’s validity, clarity) and its relevance to the journal’s scope. The Editor-in-Chief has full authority over the entire editorial content of the journal and the timing of publication of that content. Editors and editorial staff will keep and confidentiality of the article. All submitted articles considered for publication undergo peer-review by at least two reviewers who are expert in the field.
- Peer review assists editors in making editorial decisions and, through editorial communications with authors, may assist authors in improving their articles. Only qualified referees will be invited to review an article. Any article received for review is a confidential document and will be treated as such; it will not be shown to or discussed with others except if authorized by the Editor-in-Chief. Reviews would be conducted objectively and observations formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the article. Reviewers will identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors and will also notify the editors of any substantial similarity or overlap between the article and any other article (published or unpublished).
- Any invited referee who has conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies or institutions connected to the manuscript and the work described will be immediately replaced with a more fair referee.
- Unpublished material disclosed in a submitted article will not be used in a reviewer’s own research without the express written consent of the authors. Information or ideas obtained through peer review will be kept confidential and not used for the reviewer’s personal advantage.
- The publisher, together with the editors, take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, and under no circumstances encourage such misconduct or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
- Each article accepted and published in this journal, its grammar and sentences are checked with Grammarly® application and is recommended to use Reference Manager application Mendeley.
- This journal utilizes Google Scholar and Garuda to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
ETTISAL Communication Journal is published by the University of Darussalam Gontor in collaboration with ISKI, APJIKI, and ASPIKOM. It is published twice a year every June and December. In March 2016 registered with serial number P-ISSN 2503-1880, and in December 2017 also registered with serial number E-ISSN 2503-1880 ETTISAL Journal of Communication serves as a reference for scholars in developing science especially Communication.
Since Vol.2, No.2, December 2017 Ettisal has worked with ASPIKOM (Association of Communication Sciences Colleges) as the Association of Communication Sciences Colleges to improve the quality of articles substantially. The next issue of the ETTISAL Communication Journal also collaborates with APJIKI (Association of Indonesian Journal of Communication Science Publishers) as a
Indonesian Journal of Communication Journal Publishers Association. Then, in 2018 ETTISAL Journal of Communication has signed an MoU with ISKI bachelor's degree in communication science.
In its journey, carry out several processes in managerial improvement. As of the beginning of June 2016, titles and abstracts are only in Indonesian, but in vol.3 No.1 2018 titles and abstracts are provided in 2 languages, namely Indonesian and English. Starting this edition.
At present, the journal is increasingly improving yourself by managing managerial journal management based on the standards of research and technology. In issue Vol.4 , No.1 actually apply the rules of using the manager's reference in making and making a bibliography using Mendeley. The manuscript of the manuscript was also changed in position, the name of the journal related to the e-issn, p-issn, and volume is in the upper left while the DOI is in the upper right, also equipped with the manuscript genesis.