About the Journal
Focus and Scope
SAHAFA Journal of Islamic Communication focuses on writings that contains research and contemporary thinking in the field of Islamic Communication
Peer Review Process
Articles published in the SAHAFA Journal of Islamic Communication were reviewed by two reviewers before being published through a blind peer review. The decision on whether or not an article submitted by the Chief Editor in the Board of Editors Board forum is based on or comments from the reviewers.
To Check Plagiarism in this journal using Turnitin with maximum tolerance 20 percent.
Islamic Communication Journal utilizes the Public Knowledge Project Private LOCKSS Network (PKP-PLN) to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries, which are permitted to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. See the LOCKSS Publisher Manifest.
Allegations of Research Misconduct
Research misconduct means fabrication, falsification, citation manipulation, or plagiarism in producing, performing, or reviewing research and writing the article by authors, or in reporting research results. When authors are found to have been involved with research misconduct or other serious irregularities involving articles that have been published in scientific journals, Editors have a responsibility to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the scientific record.
In cases of suspected misconduct, the Editors and Editorial Board will use the best practices of COPE to assist them to resolve the complaint and address the misconduct fairly. This will include an investigation of the allegation by the Editors. A submitted manuscript that is found to contain such misconduct will be rejected. In cases where a published paper is found to contain such misconduct, a retraction can be published and will be linked to the original article.
The first step involves determining the validity of the allegation and an assessment of whether the allegation is consistent with the definition of research misconduct. This initial step also involves determining whether the individuals alleging misconduct have relevant conflicts of interest.
If scientific misconduct or the presence of other substantial research irregularities is a possibility, the allegations are shared with the corresponding author, who, on behalf of all of the coauthors, is requested to provide a detailed response. After the response is received and evaluated, additional review and involvement of experts (such as statistical reviewers) may be obtained. For cases in which it is unlikely that misconduct has occurred, clarifications, additional analyses, or both, published as letters to the editor, and often including a correction notice and correction to the published article are sufficient.
Institutions are expected to conduct an appropriate and thorough investigation of allegations of scientific misconduct. Ultimately, authors, journals, and institutions have an important obligation to ensure the accuracy of the scientific record. By responding appropriately to concerns about scientific misconduct, and taking necessary actions based on the evaluation of these concerns, such as corrections, retractions with replacement, and retractions, the Islamic Guidance and Counseling Journal journal will continue to fulfill the responsibilities of ensuring the validity and integrity of the scientific record.
Journal Issue Twice a Year, in the June and December Periods (10 article each Issue periods)
1. Time for Review Article maximum 4 weeks
2. Delivery Time Articles Period June ( January 1rst - May 10th)
3. Acceptance article time, June 10th
4. Issuance Period June (June 30th)
5. Delivery Time Articles Period December (July 1rst - November 10th)
6. Acceptance article time, December 10th
7. Issuance Period December (December 30th)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
APCS (Article Processing Charges)
SAHAFA Journal of Islamic Communication does not charge for Article Processing Charges (APCs) or submission charges
- Authors of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed and the results, followed by an objective discussion of the significance of the work. Authors should ensure that they have written and submit only entirely original works, and if they have used the work and/or words of others, that this has been appropriately cited. Publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the work reported in the article should also be cited. Papers describing essentially the same research should not be published in more than one journal or primary publication. Hence, authors should not submit for consideration a manuscript that has already been published in another journal.
- Only persons who are considered to have significances contributions should be listed as authors in the article. All persons who indirectly made substantial contributions to the work reported in the article must not be listed as an author but should be acknowledged in the "Acknowledgements" section. Authors should ensure that they have properly acknowledged the work of others by citing publications that supported the nature of the work.
- When authors discover significant errors or inaccuracies in their own published work, it is their obligation to promptly notify the journal’s editors or publisher and cooperate with them to either correct the paper in the form of an erratum or to retract the paper. If the editors or publisher learns from a third party that a published work contains a significant error or inaccuracy, then it is the authors’ obligation to promptly correct or retract the paper or provide evidence to the journal editors of the correctness of the paper.
- Authors who publish with this journal agree to retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a . are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Reviewer/ editor are competent in the scope of communication studies. As the evidence of papers and their competence, reviewer/ editor candidates will provide a link or URL address of scientific sites, such as Google Scholar/ResearchGate/Orcid/Scopus, and so forth.
Editors evaluate submitted manuscripts exclusively on the basis of their academic merit (importance, originality, study’s validity, clarity) and its relevance to the journal’s scope. The Editor-in-Chief has full authority over the entire editorial content of the journal and the timing of publication of that content. Editors and editorial staff will keep and confidentiality of the article. All submitted articles considered for publication undergo peer-review by at least two reviewers who are expert in the field.
- Peer review assists editors in making editorial decisions and, through editorial communications with authors, may assist authors in improving their articles. Only qualified referees will be invited to review an article. Any article received for review is a confidential document and will be treated as such; it will not be shown to or discussed with others except if authorized by the Editor-in-Chief. Reviews would be conducted objectively and observations formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the article. Reviewers will identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors and will also notify the editors of any substantial similarity or overlap between the article and any other article (published or unpublished).
- Any invited referee who has conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies or institutions connected to the manuscript and the work described will be immediately replaced with a more fair referee.
- Unpublished material disclosed in a submitted article will not be used in a reviewer’s own research without the express written consent of the authors. Information or ideas obtained through peer review will be kept confidential and not used for the reviewer’s personal advantage.
- The publisher, together with the editors, take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, and under no circumstances encourage such misconduct or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
- Each article accepted and published in this journal, its grammar and sentences are checked with Grammarly® application and is recommended to use Reference Manager application Mendeley.
- This journal utilizes Google Scholar and Garuda to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
SAHAFA Journal of Islamic Communication is published by the University of Darussalam Gontor in collaboration with Indonesian Bachelor Communication Association (Ikatan Sarjana Komunikasi Indonesia/ISKI), Indonesian Da’wa Profession Association (Asosiasi Profesi Dakwah Indonesia/APDI) and Indonesian Communication Journal Manager (Asosiasi Pengelola Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi/APJIKI). It is published twice a year every January and July. SAHAFA Journal of Islamic Communication serves as a reference for scholars in developing science especially Islamic Communication.
The following is the history of the management of SAHAFA Journal of Islamic Communication :
- In June 2018 registered with serial number P-ISSN 2622-3449 and E-ISSN 2622-4313 and has been managed with online journal system 2 (OJS 2)
- In October 2018 signed an MoU with Indonesian Bachelor Communication Association (Ikatan Sarjana Komunikasi Indonesia/ISKI) and extended it in August 2022.
- In March 2019 signed an MoU with Indonesian Communication Journal Manager (Asosiasi Pengelola Jurnal Ilmu Komunikasi/APJIKI) and extended it in May 2022.
- In June 2019 signed an MoU with Indonesian Da’wa Profession Association (Asosiasi Profesi Dakwah Indonesia/APDI) which is valid until June 2024
- Since the beginning of publishing it has consistently used templates, scanned for plagiarism with turnitin and the Mendeley reference manager
- Since December 2021 it has been accredited by the Ministry of Research and Technology/ National Research and Innovation Agency (Kemristek/BRIN) at a Sinta 4 rating based on Decree No: 158/E/KPT/2021 and is valid for 5 years
- In May 2023 Sahafa Journal of Islamic Communication moved to the Online Journal System/ OJS 3