About the Journal
Focus and Scope
Khadimul Ummah (Journal of Social Dedication) is an peer review journal with covering many topics such as a implementation science, social responsibility, social engagement
Peer Review Process
Articles in Indonesian or English are submitted by the author through an online system to Khadimul Ummah: Journal of Social Dedication for screening by the Editorial Team. Then the article will be sent to the peer reviewer through a double-blind review process. After the article is reviewed, it will be returned to the author. The sending process from reviewer to author and vice versa is performed through an online system, which is carried out several times until the article is declared ready to be published in substance and technique. The following is an overview of the peer-review process:
Khadimul Ummah (Journal of Social Dedication) is scholarly publication in community service that is schedule for publication biannually in November and May.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
‘Khadimul Ummah: Journal of Social Dedication’ concerns fully on publication ethic of whole publication process of the journal and on all received articles. As a quality assurance of a journal, ‘Khadimul Ummah: Journal of Social Dedication’ assures professionalism of every party from the journal management, authors, editors and reviewers by referring to ‘Khadimul Ummah: Journal of Social Dedication’ publishing ethics adopted from COPE's Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors, as follow:
- Duties of Editors
Editors evaluate submitted manuscripts exclusively on the basis of their academic merit (importance, originality, study’s validity, clarity, novelty) and its relevance to the journal’s scope. The Editor-in-Chief has full authority over the entire editorial content of the journal and the timing of publication of that content. Editors and editorial staff will keep confidentiality of the article. All submitted articles considered for publication undergo peer-review by at least two reviewers who are expert in the field.
- Duties of Reviewers
- Peer review assists editors in making editorial decisions and, through editorial communications with authors, may assist authors in improving their articles. Only qualified reviewers will be invited to review an article. Any article received for review is a confidential document and will be treated as such; it will not be shown to or discussed with others except if authorized by the Editor-in-Chief. Reviews would be conducted objectively and observations formulated clearly with supporting arguments so that authors can use them for improving the article. Reviewers will identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors and will also notify the editors of any substantial similarity or overlap between the article and any other article (published or unpublished).
- Any invited reviewers who has conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors, companies or institutions connected to the manuscript and the work described will be immediately replace with more fair reviewer.
- Unpublished material disclosed in a submitted article will not be used in a reviewer’s own research without the express written consent of the authors. Information or ideas obtained through peer review will be kept confidential and not used for the reviewer’s personal advantage.
- Duties of Authors
- Authors of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed and the results, followed by an objective discussion of the significance of the work. Authors should ensure that they have written and submit only entirely original works, and if they have used the work and/or words of others, that this has been appropriately cited. Publications that have been influential in determining the nature of the work reported in the article should also be cited. Papers describing essentially the same research should not be published in more than one journal or primary publication. Hence, authors should not submit for consideration a manuscript that has already been published in another journal.
- Only persons who are considered to have significances contributions should be listed as authors in the article. All persons who indirectly made substantial contributions to the work reported in the article must not be listed as an author, but should be acknowledged in the "Acknowledgements" section. Authors should ensure that they have properly acknowledged the work of others by citing publications that supported the nature of the work.
- When authors discover significant errors or inaccuracies in their own published work, it is their obligation to promptly notify the journal’s editors or publisher and cooperate with them to either correct the paper in the form of an erratum or to retract the paper. If the editors or publisher learns from a third party that a published work contains a significant error or inaccuracy, then it is the authors’ obligation to promptly correct or retract the paper or provide evidence to the journal editors of the correctness of the paper.
- Reviewers / editors are competent in the scope of knowledge that are in accordance with the focus and scope of the Khadimul Ummah Journal: Journal of Social Dedication. As the evidence of papers and their competence, reviewer/editor candidates will provide a link or URL address of scientific sites, such as Google Scholar/ResearchGate/Orcid/Scopus, and so forth.
- Duties of the Publisher
The publisher, together with the editors, take reasonable steps to identify and prevent the publication of papers where research misconduct has occurred, and under no circumstances encourage such misconduct or knowingly allow such misconduct to take place.
APCs (Article Processing Charges)
Khadimul Ummah (Journal of Social Dedication) does not charge for Article Processing Charges (APCs) or submission charges.
Sebelumnya dituliskan bahwa Jurnal Khadimul Ummah Journal of Social Dedication terbit setiap enam bulan sekali yaitu pada bulan November dan April. Dikarenakan kesalahan pengitungan bulan terbit maka dirubah jadwal terbitnya Yaitu bulan November dan Mei sehingga sesuai dengan jadwal per enam bulan sekali.